The Women's Golf Coaches Association Founders Award is presented annually to a currently employed women’s Division I, II or III collegiate head or assistant women’s golf coach. The nominated coaches for this award must be current members of the WGCA. The criteria for selection of the award winner are based solely on accomplishments and service for the past three years.
- The Award Candidate is a current women’s collegiate head or assistant golf coach at a Division I, II or III institution with at least three years experience in this/these position(s).
- The Award Candidate has made a service contribution to the Women's Golf Coaches Association during the past three years by either participating on the WGCA Board of Directors, sitting on active committee or otherwise assisting in fulfilling the association’s mission.
- During the previous three years, the Award Candidate has made service contributions to her or his respective Conference, the NCAA, the USGA, PGA, LPGA, and/or other allied golf associations.
- During the previous three years, the Award Candidate has made service contributions in her or his local or university setting. She or he has contributed through service activities (outreach programs) through promotion of her or his student athlete’s activities, or through service to charitable organizations.
- During the previous three years, the Award Candidate has promoted the game of golf, locally, regionally, or nationally via her or his participation in activities such as sports camps, instructional clinics, junior golf programs, tournament management, etc.
- During the previous three years, the Award Candidate has conducted service orientated activities and received recognition for her or his efforts either at the local, regional, or national levels.
*Individuals considered for the WGCA Founders Award are not required to have fulfilled all of the award criteria as stated above in order to be considered as a candidate for the award.
The WGCA Board votes upon nominated individuals and recognizes the recipient at the WGCA Business Meeting typically held at the Member Convention.
||Florida State University
||Southern Methodist University
||University of Tennessee
|Mary Lou Mulflur
||University of Washington
||University of Georgia
||University of Cincinnati
||Southern Illinois University
|Denise St. Pierre
||Penn State University
||The Ohio State University
||Oregon State University
||Northern Illinois University