Past Division I Golf Pride Grips WGCA Coaches of the Year
Past Division II Golf Pride Grips WGCA Coaches of the Year
Past Division III Golf Pride Grips WGCA Coaches of of the Year
The Golf Pride Grips WGCA National Coach of the Year is awarded annually to the top coach in Division I, II and III women's golf. Additionally, each Division honors their Golf Pride Grips WGCA Regional Coaches of the Year.
Division I Golf Pride Grips WGCA Coach of the Criteria
- These awards will be determined by vote from the Division I Awards Committee upon review of the 10 highest ranked coaches in each region and their respective records for the year.
- From that list, the committee will determine the Golf Pride Regional Coach of the Year.
- The top three per region, based on the vote, will be considered by the Committee for WGCA National Coach of the Year and this will be based on the entire seasons’ results.
Division II Golf Pride Grips WGCA Coach of the Year Criteria
- The coaches of the top 4 teams in each region: North, South, East and West will be eligible for Golf Pride Grips WGCA Regional Coach of the Year honors. The WGCA Division II Awards Committee Chair will request from Golfstat a list of the teams with the four lowest scoring averages in each region. If the school is a member of the WGCA, that coach will be placed on the Golf Pride Grips WGCA Regional Coach of the Year Ballot.
- A summary of the team’s season and last year’s average will accompany the ballot. Ballots will be sent via e-mail to all DII head coaches that are members of the WGCA.
- Completed ballots must be emailed back to WGCA.
- The WGCA Regional Coach of the Year will be the coach with the most points from the Regional voting. This coach will be eligible for WGCA National Coach of the Year honors.
- The WGCA National Coach of the Year will then be determined by the Division II Awards Committee and will be announced at the NCAA Division II Championship.
Division III Golf Pride Grips WGCA Coach of the Year Criteria
- Golfstat rankings will be used to determine the top three coaches based on team rankings from each Region for the selection of Golf Pride Grips WGCA Region Coach of the Year.
- Current year tournament record and current year ranking based on a minimum of 12 rounds.
- Improvement from last year’s record and improvement from last year’s ranking.
- In addition to the three coaches from Golfstat rankings, nominations may be made from the WGCA Membership and must be submitted via email to their respective REGION AWARDS COMMITTEES and should include information to support the nomination. Service to golf activities such as clinics, publications, offices held in organizations etc. may be included.
- REGION COMMITTEES WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SELECTING THE WGCA REGION COACH OF THE YEAR.
- Each WGCA Regional Coach of the Year is eligible for the WGCA National Coach of the Year Award which will be announced at the WGCA Division III Awards Banquet. The WGCA National Coach of the Year will be decided based on the same criteria as the WGCA Region Coach of the Year. This decision will be made by the WGCA Division III Awards Committee.
- WGCA Coaches of the Year will be named at the WGCA Division IIII Awards Banquet.