Announcements

• Kim Lewellen Named 2019-20 Division I Golf Pride Grips WGCA National Coach of the Year

The Women’s Golf Coaches Association has announced that Kim Lewellen, head coach of the Wake Forest University Demon Deacons, has been named the 2019-20 Golf Pride Grips WGCA National Coach of the Year for Division I women’s collegiate golf.

Lewellen recently completed her second season with Wake Forest in 2019-20 after leading the Demon Deacons to the best season in program history in 2018-19. This year, the team finished the shortened season ranked No. 1 in Golfstat and No. 2 in Golfweek, ending play with a 26-stroke victory at the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate. Wake Forest tallied three individual titles and four team titles before the season was cut short. Lewellen has coached five WGCA All-Americans in her first two season with the program.

In addition, the WGCA has announced the 2019-20 Golf Pride Grips WGCA Regional Coaches of the Year. These awards are determined by vote from the Division I Awards Committee upon review of the 10 highest ranked coaches in each region and their respective records for the full year.

The 2019-20 Golf Pride Grips WGCA Regional Coaches of the Year are as follows:

East Region Coach of the Year: Kim Lewellen, Wake Forest University

Central Region Coach of the Year: Ryan Murphy, University of Texas

West Region Coach of the Year: Missy Farr-Kaye, Arizona State University