Announcements

• Kory Henkes Named 2020-21 Division I Jackie Steinmann WGCA National Coach of the Year

The Women’s Golf Coaches Association has announced that Kory Henkes, head coach of the University of Mississippi Rebels, has been named the 2020-21 Division I Jackie Steinmann WGCA National Coach of the Year Presented by Golf Pride.

Kory Henkes acceptance video: https://vimeo.com/558202268

Henkes recently completed her sixth season with Mississippi in 2020-21, leading the Rebels to the school’s first national championship since football's 1962 title and the first ever national championship for a women’s team. Mississippi finished in fourth place or better in nine of the team’s 10 tournaments during the 2020-21 season, including first place finishes at the East Lake Cup and Gators Invitational. In May, two Rebel golfers earned WGCA All-America honors, with Julia Johnson becoming the program’s first-ever First-Team All-American.

In addition, the WGCA has announced the 2020-21 Golf Pride WGCA Regional Coaches of the Year. These awards are determined by vote from the Division I Awards Committee upon review of the 10 highest ranked coaches in each region and their respective records for the full year.

The 2020-21 Golf Pride WGCA Regional Coaches of the Year are as follows:

South Region Coach of the Year: Kory Henkes, University of Mississippi

East Region Coach of the Year: Dan Brooks, Duke University

Central Region Coach of the Year: Greg Robertson, Oklahoma State University

West Region Coach of the Year: Anne Walker, Stanford University