Announcements

• Lisa Strom Announced as WGCA President for 2022-24

The Women’s Golf Coaches Association has announced its new Board of Directors, effective June 1, 2022. After serving as the organization’s vice president for the last year and a half, Ohio State University’s head women’s golf coach Lisa Strom will begin her term as president.

“What a great honor it is to serve as the next President of the WGCA,” said Strom. “Following in the footsteps of so many colleagues that I respect is a huge responsibility.  I am passionate about growing our organization and the sport of women’s golf and I look forward to working with our membership and Board of Directors as we continue to evolve with the ever-changing landscape of college athletics.

Thank you to Angie Ravaioli-Larkin for her leadership as President through the pandemic over the past two years.  Despite many uncertainties, she led with her heart and always kept the best interest of the organization at the forefront when making decisions.  Thank you to Todd Oehrlein for his service on the board.  We are grateful for his wisdom and thoughtfulness while leading the WGCA.

I look forward to serving alongside a dynamic Board of Directors.  I appreciate their willingness to dedicate their time to making our organization better and stronger.”

Strom has been a member of the Board of Directors since 2013 when she began as the Assistant Coach Representative before going on to serve as Division I Director for nearly four years. She then moved to Vice President in 2021 to fill the term left open from a coaching change.

Clemson University’s head women’s golf coach Kelley Hester will serve as Vice President and is set to take over presidential duties in 2024. She previously served as the organization’s President from 2006-08.

Angie Ravaioli-Larkin moves to the Immediate Past President position after serving a two-year term as President. She served as the association’s Associate Vice President #3, Associate Vice President #1, and Vice President prior to taking over presidential duties in June of 2020.

Other changes from the 2021-22 Board of Directors include Greg Allen of Vanderbilt University as the new Associate Vice President #1, Greg Robertson of Oklahoma State University as the new Associate Vice President #2, Golda Borst of University of Kentucky as Associate Vice President #3, Aimee Neff of University of North Carolina as the new Secretary, Dominic Guarnieri of University of Findlay as the new Division II Director, Kailin Downs of Boise State University as the new Communications Director, and Tanner George of Sterling College will fill the new position of NAIA Director. 

The full list of the 2022-23 Board of Directors includes:

Lisa Strom, President

Ohio State University

Kelley Hester, Vice President

Clemson University

Greg Allen, Associate Vice President #1

Vanderbilt University

Greg Robertson, Associate Vice President #2

Oklahoma State University

Golda Borst, Associate Vice President #3

University of Kentucky

Aimee Neff, Secretary