Announcements

• Anne Walker Named 2021-22 Division I Jackie Steinmann WGCA National Coach of the Year

The Women’s Golf Coaches Association has announced that Anne Walker, head coach of Stanford University, has been named the 2021-22 Division I Jackie Steinmann WGCA National Coach of the Year Presented by Golf Pride.

Acceptance video: https://vimeo.com/716435611

Walker recently completed her 10th season with Stanford, leading the Cardinal to its second national championship in program history. Stanford is the only program to make it to match play in all seven years of the format, and the only program with two titles since the format was instituted.

The Cardinal finished in second place or better in 10 of the team’s 11 tournaments during the 2021-22 season, claiming victories at six of them, and was ranked first in all but one Mizuno WGCA Coaches Poll throughout the season. Three Stanford golfers earned WGCA All-America honors following the season, including PING WGCA Player of the Year and WGCA Freshman of the Year Presented by StrackaLine Rose Zhang.

In addition, the WGCA has announced the 2021-22 Golf Pride WGCA Regional Coaches of the Year. These awards are determined by vote from the Division I Awards Committee upon review of the 10 highest ranked coaches in each region and their respective records for the full year.

The 2021-22 Golf Pride WGCA Regional Coaches of the Year are as follows:

South Region Coach of the Year: Kalen Anderson, University of South Carolina

East Region Coach of the Year: Kim Lewellen, Wake Forest University

Central Region Coach of the Year: Garrett Runion, Louisiana State University

West Region Coach of the Year: Anne Walker, Stanford University