The WGCA All-American
Scholar Golf Teams recognize the outstanding academic and athletic
achievements in women's college golf. Recognized as having one of the
highest standards for selection to these teams in college athletics
(3.50 GPA), the WGCA All-American Scholar Golf Teams continue to
demonstrate the high level academic achievements of our players.
To be nominated a student athlete must meet the following criteria:
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.50 or higher (on a 4.00 scale) for the entirety of their collegiate career.
- Be in attendance at the certifying institution for the entire academic year.
- Be of high moral character
and in good standing at the college making the nomination. The Head
Golf Coach, Athletic Director, or the Faculty Athletic Representative
must certify the accuracy of the information on the nomination form.
- The student athlete must
have played in 50% of the college’s regularly scheduled competitive
rounds during the year nominated (Division I and II only) or minimum of 12 rounds (Division III only). Rounds as an individual count toward this minimum as do conference championships. Post season rounds are not included.
- Nominees do not need to compete in the NCAA Championship to be eligible.
- The Head Coach of the school making nominations MUST be an active member of the Women's Golf Coaches Association.
- A final GPA must be verified at the conclusion of the school year.