The WGCA All-American Scholar Golf Teams recognize the outstanding academic and athletic achievements in women's college golf. Recognized as having one of the highest standards for selection to these teams in college athletics (3.50 GPA), the WGCA All-American Scholar Golf Teams continue to demonstrate the high level academic achievements of our players.
To be nominated a student athlete must meet the following criteria:
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.50 or higher (on a 4.00 scale) for the entirety of their collegiate career.
- Be in attendance at the certifying institution for the entire academic year.
- Be of high moral character and in good standing at the college making the nomination. The Head Golf Coach, Athletic Director, or the Faculty Athletic Representative must certify the accuracy of the information on the nomination form.
- The student athlete must have played in 50% of the college’s regularly scheduled competitive rounds during the year nominated (Division I and II only) or minimum of 12 rounds for Division III only (reduced to a minimum of 10 rounds for 2017-18 season). Rounds as an individual count toward this minimum as do conference championships. Post season rounds are not included.
- Nominees do not need to compete in the NCAA Championship to be eligible.
- The Head Coach of the school making nominations MUST be an active member of the Women's Golf Coaches Association.
- A final GPA must be verified at the conclusion of the school year.