Registration is now open for the 2016 Women’s Golf Coaches Association (WGCA) Member Convention scheduled for December 11 – 14 at the Planet Hollywood Resort in Las Vegas, NV.
Some important notifications and reminders regarding this year’s Convention.
WGCA Hall of Fame Reception and Banquet – For the first time, the Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place on the arrival day, Sunday, December 11 beginning with a reception at 7:00pm followed by dinner and the ceremony at 7:30pm. We are thrilled to announce that Lorena Ochoa will be one of this year’s inductees. Please make your travel arrangements with the timing of this year’s banquet in mind.
Convention Speakers – We have already lined up an incredible collection of speakers for this year’s convention. Just some of those committed to participate include:
- Cameron McCormick – 2015 PGA Teacher of the Year and Jordan Spieth’s exclusive swing coach.
- Jon Gordon – A world-renowned author and speaker on the topics of leadership, culture, and teamwork.
- Bo Hanson - A four-time Olympian and expert in delivering leadership, management and coach development.
- Steven Yellin - Founder of the Fluid Motion Factor program and instructor at the Leadbetter Golf Academy in Orlando.
- Misty Hyman, M.B.A.: Olympic gold medalist who won stunning upset victory at 2000 Sydney games, coming from behind to break American record and win 200-meter butterfly. The Stanford graduate is a 28-time All-American who won 13 U.S. and five NCAA national titles including 1998 NCAA Swimmer of The Year. She is the Senior Assistant Coach for the Arizona State University.
The convention fee for the 2016 event will be $425. The site of this year’s convention will again be the Planet Hollywood in the heart of the Las Vegas strip. The WGCA convention room rate is $99 + tax and $20 daily resort fee (Sunday-Thursday) and $129 + tax (Friday and Saturday). The room block cutoff date will be November 16th, 2016. Once our room block is filled, there is no guarantee of additional room availability at our convention price. Make your reservation online at https://resweb.passkey.com/go/SMWGC6 or call (866) 317-1829, refer to Women’s Golf Coaches Association or group code SMWGC6.
Again this year the WGCA will host a Rules Workshop for the membership. The workshop will be held Sunday, December 11 from 2:30pm to 6:30pm. The cost for the workshop is $35 and space is limited. In conjunction with our convention, The College Golf Combines will be hosting a combine Sunday, December 11. The site of the event will be the Rio Secco Golf Club.